Do you know the dangers of gum disease? If not, you are in the right place! Gum disease is a condition that should be taken seriously to preserve your oral health and the life of your teeth. If you neglect gum disease, then you could be setting yourself up for severe oral health disasters.
Our dentists, Dr. Susan J. Cleereman and Dr. Suela Veizaj, care about your oral health. That is why our team at Wyandotte Family Dental in Wyandotte, Michigan, is happy to help shed some light on gum disease, so you understand the dangers of it and why it’s important to avoid.
Here is a list of information on gum disease:
– Gum disease can cause bleeding and swollen gums, persistent bad breath, tooth loss, and even bone loss in your jaw.
– The primary cause of tooth loss in adults is from gum disease being neglected.
– Gum disease is a severe infection that develops deep in your gums, which is the tissue surrounding your teeth.
– Plaque is the sticky film of bacteria that sticks to your teeth and gums after you eat and can leak into your gums that cause gum disease.
– There is very little to no pain with gum disease, which is why most people do not know they have it until they struggle with severe tooth loss and other problems.
If you have questions about your oral health, or if you need help with your gum disease, please call us today at 734-282-2019 to set up an appointment. Our team is happy to treat you and your smile and help you in any way we can with your questions and concerns.